For http downloading:
1. For http downloading, Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.1 or
greater, or a similar web browser that allows challenge/
response (NTLM) authentication, is required. See
for variations in the Enter Network Password
Note: You may not be able to download through a proxy server, if
it will not allow encrypted passwords. You will then need to
bypass the proxy server.
2. Go to the SPL home
3. Select the "Master Index, current and previous" page
or click on:
Master Index. If you use the * Full-Kit
ECO Index link, skip to step 6.
4. Under "Current Software Products Library (SPL) Title
Choose one of the three Platform/Type/Release Date, i.e.:
OpenVMS Alpha SPL
OpenVMS VAX SPL
Tru64 UNIX SPL
5. Under: "Master Index (Extended) - Month Year", choose the product
you wish to download (hyperlinked under the
6. Under the Product's: "SPL xxxxxx CD-ROM Kit Contents"
HTTP Download in the
sentence at the bottom of the page:
"For SPL & IPO subscribers -
the savesets as a
Note: Some products on the SPL do not have
savesets, thus do not
have this sentence, and are not downloadable.
7. You should now see an Enter Network Password popup and be
prompted for a User Name and Password.
8. Enter Username and Password. This information is in your latest SPL
"Cover Letter" that references the appropiate Operating System.
Starting Q1CY04, this
"Cover Letter" can also be found on disc 1 of the SPL.
If you are an Individual Product Offering (IPO)
customer, use the login
information mailed separately in the IPO letter.
the Download Details and Requirements page,
variations in the
Enter Network Password window such as with
Microsoft Windows XP.
9. Depending upon on your operating system, you should see a popup window,
showing the file being downloaded or a requests
10. Start downloading the file, noting where the file is being
For ftp downloading:
Follow steps 2-5 above, then click on the
FTP Download option on
the Product detail page, and follow those FTP instructions.
Zip files should be copied to and unzipped on the Operating
System they are intended
More Info on this utility at
UNZIP, ZIP,GZIP & TAR