For http downloading:
requirement for download is to use of Microsoft Internet Explorer
5.1 or greater, or a similar web browser that allows challenge/
Note: You may not be able to download through a proxy server, if
it will not allow encrypted passwords. You will then need to
bypass the proxy server.
2. Go to the SPL home
3. Select the "Master Index, current and previous" page
or click on:
Master Index. If you use the * Full-Kit
ECO Index link, skip to step 6.
4. Under: "Current Software Products Library (SPL) Title
Choose one of the three Platform/Type/Release Date, i.e.:
OpenVMS VAX SPL
OpenVMS Alpha SPL
Tru64 UNIX SPL
5. Under: "Master Index (Extended) - Month Year", choose the product
you wish to download (hyperlinked under the
6. Under the Product's: "SPL xxxxxx CD-ROM Kit Contents"
HTTP Download in the
sentence at the bottom of the page:
"For SPL & IPO subscribers -
the savesets as a
More Info )"
Note: Some products on the SPL do not have
savesets, thus do not
have this sentence, and are not downloadable.
7. You should now see a Enter Network Password popup and be
prompted for a User Name, Password, and Domain
8. Enter Username, Password, Domain name,
all three are
necessary. This information is on your latest "Cover Letter"
that Operating System. Starting Q1CY04, this
"Cover Letter" can
also be found on disk 1 of the SPL CD.
If you are a Individual Product Offering (IPO)
customer, use the login
information mailed separately in the IPO letter.
the Download Details and Requirements page,
variations in the
Enter Network Password window such as with
Microsoft Windows XP.
9. You should, depending on your operating system see some kind of
either downloading the file or
asking you what to do.
10. Start downloading the file, noting where the file is being
For ftp downloading:
Follow steps 2-5 above, then click on the
FTP Download option on
the Product detail page, and follow those FTP instructions.
Zip files should be copied to and unzipped on the Operating
System they are intended
More Info on this utility at
UNZIP, ZIP,GZIP & TAR